Meade LX200 GPS focus problem

I got a second-hand (looks brand new) meade 10" LX200 GPS

having a problem, when I look through it without the eyepiece (Super Plossl 26mm) I can see focused image. Put the eyepiece in and it looks like I am looking through blancmange!

The eyepiece on its own is fine - I can see though it.

any ideas please?

Yes, the backfocus on SCTs is absolutely huge so you can wind away for minutes on the focuser knob before finding focus. Try in the daytime on a distant object.

Do you have a diagonal in the system?

Olly

I find when being a long way out of focus such as when changing from camera,filter wheel etc to eyepiece its easier to start on something bright like the Moon , Venus, Jupiter, whatever the brightest thing you can see, then wind the focus knob in and out and watch which way makes the view smaller ,make sure to unlock the focus first (only half a turn or so).

Davey-T

Unfortunately ..

in my welcome speech - I said we have clear skies.

for the past week, we have had a calima - which is airborne sand from the Sahara desert; so can't see anything at the moment. bah!

Archived