NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Picked up a pair of tripods from the tip

dav1d

...or recycling centre as it's now known.

They're for mounting PA speakers & should make an excellent replacement for the utterly useless tripod on the wife's Powerseeker. :)

IMG_20120519_-picsay.jpg

Not too sure what to do with the other one yet...

Nice find. :) I keep my eye out for a 300p whenever I'm there, no luck yet :)

If it was me id be tempted to make a mount for my laptop so when im using the webcam I can have it up high (being 6'3'' makes for back ache after a long session of observing!)

When I view from the back yard (99.9 % of the time), I put my laptop on top of the recycle wheelie bin - great for wheeling exactly where I want it, and the perfect height. I'm 6'3" as well.

Nice find. :) I keep my eye out for a 300p whenever I'm there, no luck yet :)

When I view from the back yard (99.9 % of the time), I put my laptop on top of the recycle wheelie bin - great for wheeling exactly where I want it, and the perfect height. I'm 6'3" as well.

Can't believe i didn't think about doing that! It would be nice to be able to sit in a chair but the scope has to be set as high as it will go (when looking at saturn for example) as all the houses round us are 3 storey.

Archived