Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

weight difference, 200p solid tube and 250px flex tube goto

there is only 1 bolt that holds the tube to the base so its really quick to assemble. i have to admit i love my scope and would'nt swap it for anything, well ok maybe a bigger one:D. because its a flex tube it is quite compact and easily fits in the car.

pete

Take the two parts seperately and it should be fine. I have the solid tube 10" and it is a good bit heavier than the 8" but I can still carry it in one go. The flex-tube / GoTo versions are heavier again than this but should still be quite managable.

Pretty subtle but noticable to experienced eyes. I owned a 6" EQ mounted for a few years and then borrowed an 8" Dob for a couple of months from my Astro society to try before buying. I also had a good few sessions with a 12" and decided that 10" was the sweet spot for me. Most people upgrading from an 8" would want to go to at least 12" to get a 'wow' upgrade but I don't have room to store a 12".

On the weight issue, I think the Flextubes are actually at least as heavy, if not a little heavier, than the solid tube versions. Sounds odd but I believe it's the case.

Archived