Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SW panaview and 2" barlow

I'm thinking buying the 32mm 2" SW panaview eyepiece and i was also going to buy 15mm 1.25" eyepiece. However, there is SW 2" ed barlow available which in conjunction with the panaview would give me a decent mid power wide angle eyepiece. The only issue is that I understand I might need an extension tube for my focuser with this ep barlow combination.

can anyone confirm this?

Another issue Clayton is the eye relief which will be extended out with a regular barlow. Its already quite long at 24mm and you may find eye positioning difficult with the barlow added into the optical path. If you still go ahead and try , this barlow would be equally as good as the Skywatcher and cheaper...

http://www.telescopehouse.com/acatalog/Revelation_ED_2x_Barlow_2__.html

As far as I know they are manufactured by GSO and branded Revelation for sale in the UK

Same as this one...

http://reviews.agenaastro.com/product-reviews/Optical-Accessories/Barlows/GSO/p/OBAR__GS__GS22B-GSO-2-2x-ED-Barlow-Lens.html

The barlow element can be unscrewed from the housing and screwed directly to the eyepiece for a 1.5x barlow effect :)

Another issue Clayton is the eye relief which will be extended out with a regular barlow. Its already quite long at 24mm and you may find eye positioning difficult with the barlow added into the optical path.

cheers damo, think i will probably go for the panaview and a15mm BST explorer

I'd probably have the panaview myself by now but took so long to come- I had it on order for nearly 4 months before running out of patience - have you managed to source one?

no not yet steve but as long as i have one by autumn i dont really mind

cheers

Archived