Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

late sunday night report

just come back in from the garden.

i was using my 200p explorer plus 7mm celestron LX with Tal x2 barlow. i was treated to the best views of Saturn i,v ever seen!

Very clear and sharp with detail on the planet plus very clear Cassini ring. Normally that set up is not brilliant with LP etc but tonight it all came together. Just thought i,d share my good fortune, but the down side was that i was unable to find M5 again after viewing it last night, bit disappointing but Saturn made up for it.

Congratulations Leon and seeing that level of detail on your scope, clearly your collimation is spot on. Shame about not finding M5. If you extend the left upper leg of Virgo further to the left by the same distance as the last two stars you should get fairly close but it does in the middle between constellations so not the most obvious one to spot. It is one my favourite targets due to being one of the larger globular clusters containing a variety of star colours. Something else to target for in the next session.

James

Archived