Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Did you get out last night?

klytus

How frustrating...

I had an evening's Messier-hunting planned for tonight. Unfortunately yesterday my son was stung by a bee. That in itself is no big deal, but this morning his hand looked like an inflated rubber glove and it clearly wasn't getting better, so he went off to A&E. They reckon that there's no worry about an allergic reaction, but that somehow the sting has become infected. So, they put him on some hefty anti-biotics and are keeping him in overnight for observation and so they can give him another dose if necessary. He was unbelievably calm at the time considering he's only just nine, even telling jokes to the doctor when they were putting the IV in, but he's had a bit of a wobble about staying in overnight on his own so my wife is staying with him. I'm looking after our daughter and have to get her to school tomorrow which means no wandering up into the field to get a better view of the southern horizon and no late night :)

Sometimes, them's the breaks. Could be a lot worse. I guess I'll get an early(ish) night instead and make the best of tomorrow.

James

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived