NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

handles for dobs.

after my first ever outing with the dobsonian telescope last night. ive already realised i could do with a handle on the o.t.a .

i dont like the way i keep putting my hand/fingers into the top of the tube to bring the scope back toward myself,if you understand me. i think a well positioned handle would be ideal.

any pointers on this ? stickypad attached ,or screw in. or am i jumping the gun to early here ? i also found the friction on the base a tiny bit tight. workable but maybe a fraction less friction .so i might have to try the milk carton mod ?

Sticky pads i believe can be re-positioned if there heated with a hairdryer to loosen the grip, i have yet to try it with my Telrad bases...once a good position is found drill and screwing would make it secure....:clouds2:

that was my thinkinking tinker. pads to try,then screw once happy. not sure if theres a particular handle, fiitings, size ect. ive seen others done. perhaps the d.i y section may have some pointers.

Archived