series 5000 HD60 25mm

just revived this today compared to the super plossl's which are very good the build quality is fantastic alot bigger than i expected really.http://www.telescopehouse.com/acatalog/Meade_5000_Series_HD-60_25mm_LE_Eyepiece.html i got mine second hand at a good price will probaly hang on to this as it fills a gap at that focal length in my set of series 5000 cant wait to use it

had a run with the EP last night it was a great EP i can only compare it to the super plossl and bst's i have owned and it knock the socks off them super bright image dark background very little come in the fast f4. i had m82 in the center if the EP and it looked 3d with the dust lane very very clear without AV the best i have ever seen this. m13 was awesome resolved to the core in the 25mm this EP was full of contrast and lots of potential and became stuck inthe focuser all night not letting any of the other EPS have a chance.i have put 2 pictures one of them is to show the size of it compared to a plossl and the other is that its nearly as big as my 2inch 32mm. its a 60 degree FOV which allows me to get 81 & 82 in the same FOV the only down side is the FOV colud be a tad wider but the eye relief is great i was pinned to the EP all night. a good EP for the money

post-18942-133877772982_thumb.jpg

post-18942-133877772991_thumb.jpg

Archived