Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

DMK 41AU02.AS Mono

johnb

So as you may have seen Im looking at investing in a PST and this was suggested as a good camera - DMK 41AU02.AS Mono now im guessing It will alos be good for Lunar but not much else ?, or as im only looking at Solar and Lunar should I go for a cheaper version ?

Alos im a bit confused as the DMK 31AU02.AS Mono (same price as the 41) has more FPS than the 41 (well thats what the Website says)

Thoughts appreciated

Regards

John B

Bigger DMKs are lunar/solar cameras. They work at that type imaging nicely, but they are getting bit old (expensive and old).

I would recommend something not found in astro shops by default - IDS camera: UI-1240LE-M- I tested that one (and French astronomers the GigE version) and it's a very nice camera with good performance. The key point is the price - around 370 EUR + VAT. And you get big diagonal (like in DMK51).

Another, more popular camera is PGR Chameleon (~400 EUR, 1/3" diagonal).

Archived