NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Meade ETX-80 AT

Not really. The telescope is mounted on an alt-azimuth mount so long exposure photography (DSO imaging) is not possible. You might be able to photograph the moon or planets using a webcam, but the focal length (400mm) is a bit short to get any detail without using a barlow lens to increase the focal length.

Peter

Not really. The telescope is mounted on an alt-azimuth mount so long exposure photography (DSO imaging) is not possible. You might be able to photograph the moon or planets using a webcam, but the focal length (400mm) is a bit short to get any detail without using a barlow lens to increase the focal length.

Peter

Ok and how about its ETX-105 high resolution version? i think its over 1200mm.

Or if possible, can you recommend a good scope for photography thats under £350, but it should have that autostar type system as I am new to astronomy and dont know much about allignment and all that stuff.

your best looking at a Equatorial mount have a look at the skywatcher versions. they also have goto. but unfortunatly cheap and astrophotography dont really come together

what is it you want to take a photo of? the moon, planets, DSO's as some scopes are better at some objects than others.

on the mount wise for astrophotography, i would give a EQ3-2 pro the minimum for just using a DSLR mounted on top. EQ5 for very basic AP and the HEQ5 for serious.

in astrophotography its not the scope that is the most important its the mount and the ones i mentioned above should give ok results (with the HEQ5 being the best)

it might be best before you buy anything to buy a book called making every photon count. its written by one of our members steve richards who also is one of the people in sky at night mag. the book is argeable the "bible" of AP

stay away from AZ type mounts like the meade unless your just interested in planetary / moon images

Archived