Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

What extras or add-ons to buy?

Hi guys, id like a bit of advice on what to get please. Its my birthday soon and my girlfriend said she's stuck on what to get me so I said maybe something for my little astronomy hobby :-) but what exactly I'm not sure?

Ive got a 200p dob and I know I want some new eyepieces and probably a red dot finder but am unsure of which is a good make or not?

Is there anything else I could get like filters, barlows (already have a 2x Barlow) adapters for my camera or other stuff?

Cheers folks.

Chris

The Telrad is the oldest and still the best RDF. The display gets nice and dim and the three large circles are nice. Batteries last for years (literally).

For eyepiece advice, it would help if you told us what you already have and what sort of stuff you're after.

Thanks for the reply umadog and I'll check that red dot finder out.

As for the eyepieces I have the standard ones that came with the scope 10mm and 25mm wide angle. As for what I'm interested in looking at is pretty much anything I can see really, planets and deep space.

I see a 8mm is a popular choice but stuck on which are the best makes to go for.

Hi Thorney, I've got two of the William Optics Multi reticule RDF's clones which I find very good. You can get these for around £40.

Also I have got a couple of Meade 5000 series EPs which seem very good as well have 14mm Ultra Wide Angle and 26mm Super Plossl.

I think most folk will say EP's are amatter of what best suits you, if you wear glasses or not etc.

Thanks for the suggestions guys I'll check them all out.

I will be starting to take pictures but ill be using a canon 600d or 550d as I'm getting one of these for other reasons to , so I'll need a adaptor to connect it to the scope.

Archived