Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

gambled on a bargain.

rory

Best I should of just leave things well alone. But I think I need to do as moonshane suggests.

Or asked first! :)

As has been said above, as long as the mounting point concerned is secure and isn't likely to allow the mirror to move you can happily use the other two mountings to collimate. Can't remember where I read it but it was actually recommended that you leave one in place and use the other two, anyway.

IF you can measure the gap between the back of the mirror and the mounting frame... start by setting the other two to give the same gap. That way you start with the mirror roughly flat and square to the tube and shouldn't have to move them too much when collimating. Mine needed less than one turn each after I did this. Now that I'm set, tweaks to cover for shifts after carting the beast about in the car are usually comfortably under a quarter of a turn.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ive put a couple of pics in an album, including the wonkey screw !

ive changed all of those cheap screws with the advised stainless alankey type.

here.

http://stargazerslounge.com/album.php?u=24551

From the pics it looks like the screw you bent is the adjuster for the secondary spider vanes. As long as the srew at the back of the sec. Mirror is equally spaced from the side of tube you wont need to touch it

Sent from my HD2Droid

From the pics it looks like the screw you bent is the adjuster for the secondary spider vanes. As long as the srew at the back of the sec. Mirror is equally spaced from the side of tube you wont need to touch it

Sent from my HD2Droid

hi knobby, it lloks like those screws because ive changed the top and bottom rim screws which were the black button ones with stainless steel alan key headed screws. the bent screw is actually one of the six base rim screws that hold the mirror plate. ( not the collimation screws). so theres five good ones holding it togeather with the sixth half holding it.

Pic2removingprimary.JPG

these are the screws i replaced, all but one is fine .(always the way aint it !!)

hi knobby, it lloks like those screws because ive changed the top and bottom rim screws which were the black button ones with stainless steel alan key headed screws. the bent screw is actually one of the six base rim screws that hold the mirror plate. ( not the collimation screws). so theres five good ones holding it togeather with the sixth half holding it.

Pic2removingprimary.JPG

these are the screws i replaced, all but one is fine .(always the way aint it !!)

Got ya

Sent from my HD2Droid

Archived