What to do in California when you're Undead?

JamesF

Now that's not an easy answer, it would be so awsome to acually own a bit. But at the same time, if it funded an obsy build .......... tricky one.

How about you ?

collectors are paying as much as $1,000 (£600) a gram for prime specimens.
'Undead' indeed! So the hunt is indeed fuelled by zombies: the 'undead' remains of those who have sacrificed themselves on the high altar of Mammon.... when there's loadsamoney involved....

Anyone out there caught on with the idea that rare meteorites ought to go for scientific study? Any thoughts on the 'advance of human knowledge?'

Perhaps not.:hello2:

Now that's not an easy answer, it would be so awsome to acually own a bit. But at the same time, if it funded an obsy build .......... tricky one.

How about you ?

I'm with you actually. I think I'd be torn. Owning a piece would certainly be cool, but then if it were to pay for an obsy and benefit science, it would be a difficult choice.

Sent from my mobile using Tapatalk, so please excuse the speeling and granma! :hello2:

I'd love to travel in space and have been fascinated by it since I was old enough to read, but I think I can accept that it's unlikely to happen in my lifetime. For that reason I think I'd always want to keep a small piece. In fact, even if it were enough to build an obsy I don't think I'd sell it (unless it were a very big obsy somewhere on Hawaii or along those lines :hello2:

On the other hand, if I found a chunk big enough to be seriously life-changing when sold (pay off the mortgage, cover all my other likely significant debts, education and deposit on a house for the children, that sort of thing), I'd sell it. I'd see if I couldn't keep just a tiny little bit first, mind. Nothing big. Just enough that I could comfortably hold a piece of an "alien object" in my hand.

James

'Undead' indeed! So the hunt is indeed fuelled by zombies: the 'undead' remains of those who have sacrificed themselves on the high altar of Mammon.... when there's loadsamoney involved....

Actually, I have to say that I thought the "Indiana Jones" chap they interviewed didn't come across as particularly avaricious. There'll certainly always be some, though, I agree.

James

Archived