Celestron Deluxe Tele Extender

Hi to everyone, I could really do with some help before I purchase this product. I would like someone to confirm if I can use this with my Nexstar 4SE, I have the necessary T-Rings and attachments for my Canon and also Celestron 93625 Universal 1.25-inch Camera T-Adapter.

This is the product i want to buy Celestron Tele-Extender - Deluxe - Accessories and just need to clarify that it will fit over my eyepieces securely.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

Baz.

This is my setup.

Celestron Nexstar 4SE

Celestron Eyepiece Accessory kit

Canon Eos 500D DSLR

Thanks for both your reply's, I have done some research and found what I need.

If anyone else needs to know the answer to this question, here it is.

Unlike the 5/6/8 SE, the 4 SE is a Maksutov Cassegrain Telescope and, in addition, it comes with a split mirror on the rear. The 4SE is a different kind of telescope than the other scopes in the SE series. The rear opening is the standard MAK thread. It differs from the SCT thread. To use 1.25 inch accessories on the rear or the 4SE you will need to attach a 1.25 inch visual back. Here's how I do it with mine, there may be another way but this way works. you need to get a MAK to SCT rear thread adapter (Baader # 2958500) and a Celestron visual back (Celestron # 93653A). The Baader MAK to SCT rear thread adapter will let you use any of the hundreds of items designed to attach directly to a SCT including Celestron's visual back and the visual back lets you use any 1.25 inch accessory. Neither of the two items are expensive.

Thanks to Sxinais on Can a Celestron NexStar 4 SE take any 45 degree 1.25" erect image diagonal - Astronomy Forums | Telescope Forums & Reviews | Astronomy Community

• 3 weeks later...

I am keen to know your results with imaging with the celestron tele-extender This on first glance looks like a cost effective way of getting the most out of a set of eyepieces for planetary / lunar photography, if the weather will ever clear this year again ....

• 6 months later...

I am keen to know your results with imaging with the celestron tele-extender This on first glance looks like a cost effective way of getting the most out of a set of eyepieces for planetary / lunar photography, if the weather will ever clear this year again ....

Did you ever try a Celestron Deluxe Tele Extender? It looks expensive for what it is? I am considering it for a Nexstar 6SE along with a Canon EOS 550D.

• 1 year later...

Archived