NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

bgo 12.5

faulksy

You are very lucky. I am offering £100 for one and still can't get one!

Chris

so its you on astro buy and sell then
What is it with BGOs have they stopped making them or some thing ?.

aparently were there made in japan there was a sunarmy (spelt wrong)ocean swell that must of destroyed the factory or some thing so they cant produce theses e.p.s. any more. but i have one:D

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bankruptcy court ? Seriously I think i am done on the ep front now. I have a pair of WO binoviewers on the way but that is probably it. One item I was looking at was a denkmeier filter switch but can't quite make up my mind. I also have a new peli case en route to put it all in.

Chris

phcjpp - damn. i just realised your ep collection is worth a fair wedge more than my car. next you need another set of ethoses for bino-viewing.

not to disparage anyone using bgo's but, how do they compare to the volcano top ones that places like lyra optic sell? i have a 6mm from there that seems quite nice - are the bgo's really that much better?

I imagine the Ethos must be way too heavy for bino-viewing :headbang: My WO binoviewer just arrived today so I will report back on the BGO's. In general though the feedback I have read on them is very good.

Photo attached of the Ethos (+31mm Nagler) case :)

Chris

post-18309-133877774602_thumb.jpg

...not to disparage anyone using bgo's but, how do they compare to the volcano top ones that places like lyra optic sell? i have a 6mm from there that seems quite nice - are the bgo's really that much better?

I've compared the two types in one or two focal lengths and there is not a lot of difference. The BGO's seem to control light scatter a little better than the volcano tops (VT's) and the glass and coatings on the BGO's seem to allow slightly higher light transmission. Personally, I found the VT's conical tops easier to use than the BGO's slightly dished upper surface with the short focal lengths where you need to get your eye close to the eye lens.

When you can buy the VT's for around £25 on the used market, I reckon they still offer excellent performance per £ spent, provided the ortho traits of tight eye relief and a

narrow-ish field of view are OK for you.

Archived