hi all

I installed my goto kit on my eq5 mount yesterday and now have power.

Ok 2 questions, what do i put put in the lon and lat coordinates?

000 00'w 00 00n

I live in royston hertfordshire.

Next is if i skip the star allign then press the arrow keys on the hamdset the mount makes a noise but doesnt move but if i say goto moon it slews there fine. This is all in my front room for now until i get clear skies.

Paul

You will find this site useful for finding your coordinates Lat - Long Finder: This page helps you find Latitude and Longitude. Type in your location in the box on the right hand side and then read the coordinates in degrees and minutes below the map. Royston is about 000 01W 52 03 N. Enter your corrodinates into the handset in that order and format.

Peter

I'm not sure what handset instructions you were given with your upgrade kit but if you haven't got any already, you might want to take a look at these.

When are moving the scope manually by using the arrowed keys, you might want to change the 'rate' at which the motors are engaging. You will see that on button no.2 there appears the word 'Rate' on it, and if you select that button you can then choose from '0' the slowest slew up to and including '9' which is the faster slew rate. I would suggest you choose '6' to test to see if the scope will now move in the direction you send it. Hopefully that will prove that your upgrade has been connected properly and that you are ready to go outside to give the system a try out. Remember, that when you are selecting a star as part of the alignment procedure (...after you have completed polar alignment) the scope will move to where it thinks that star will be leaving you to make the final adjustment. It is here that you will need to adjust the rate to probably '4' till you can centre on that star. You will always have to input the rate whenever YOU want to move the scope about, be it for alignment purposes or for any other reason.

One extra tip, when the scope is moving around and you can see that it is about to knock into something e.g the tripod legs, you can always press the 'ESC' escape button to stop any movement and is located in the very top left hand corner of the handset. Hope the above helps.

James

Archived