Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Saturn 28 April 2012 First Attempt

Episkey

Here's my first attempt at Saturn with my new Logitech Quickcam Pro 4000. Average seeing, good transparency. Saturn was about 30 degrees above the horizon so I definitely could improve. About 15 sec. captured in SharpCap and stacked in Registax 5.1. Levels/Curves adjusted in Photoshop.

saturn.png

As always any tips greatly appreciated.

Nice start Episkey :(

Two things that might help.

1. A longer capture, 6min is no problem with Saturn (if you have a tracking mount??)

2. A bit more scale using a Barlow and perhaps some extension tubes between the Barlow and the Camera. ( again assuming you have a mount capable of tracking)

Here's my first attempt at Saturn with my new Logitech Quickcam Pro 4000. Average seeing, good transparency. Saturn was about 30 degrees above the horizon so I definitely could improve. About 15 sec. captured in SharpCap and stacked in Registax 5.1. Levels/Curves adjusted in Photoshop.

saturn.png

As always any tips greatly appreciated.

Can I ask you how you modded your Logitech ? I have one and would love to mod it to do some imaging. I would love getting any information from you on how you have it set up. Pictures would be fantastic.

I removed the lens from the webcam first, then as a temporary setup I taped an old 1.25 inch eyepiece (lens' removed) barrel to the front of the webcam over the CCD chip. Then screwed into the focuser, and got Windows 7 on my Mac to run SharpCap, Registax, etc.

Archived