NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hotech SCA 2" adaptor

Having used the Hotech collimator with it's SCA (self-centering adaptor) I really do like this idea instead of the thumbscrews on the focuser.

So - Could I use this First Light Optics - Hotech 2" SCA T-Adapter

I have a 2" nosepeice at the end of my reducer and would like to be able to put that into the adaptor then use the adaptor into the focuser.

The reducer / flattener I use is a SW120 specific one here, perhaps this could somehow go into the SCA adaptor?

Sorry folks, I really do struggle with the connection sizes and what not.

It appears to have a T2 male on the other end of it.

You would need an M48 male to T2 female : Bern at Modern Astronomy can normally sort weird adaptors out.

You would no longer use the 2" nosepiece on the reducer.

Reducer - adaptor - SCA

Brilliant - Thanks Stephen.

So another question. If I use one of these to connect all the bits, will I be able to achieve focus?

I ask as I have the focuser not racked out very far and so this may be longer than the focuser racked out to achieve focus - Does that make sense?

It appears to have a T2 male on the other end of it.

You would need an M48 male to T2 female : Bern at Modern Astronomy can normally sort weird adaptors out.

You would no longer use the 2" nosepiece on the reducer.

Reducer - adaptor - SCA

Why bother with that, when you could get this:

First Light Optics - FLO Adapter for Skywatcher Focal Reducers

If your using that SCA adaptor on the stock focuser, your still going to have some slippage due to some tolerance difference with the skywatcher stuff or if your using a moonlite you've got 3 thumbscrews to centre 2" nosepiece in, why bring more variables into the equation, just my 2p's worth...

Brilliant - Thanks Stephen.

So another question. If I use one of these to connect all the bits, will I be able to achieve focus?

I ask as I have the focuser not racked out very far and so this may be longer than the focuser racked out to achieve focus - Does that make sense?

I think you may have problems, you would need to measure how much in focus you have left and ask FLO how far out the SCA extends. Subtract the two.

Why bother with that, when you could get this:

First Light Optics - FLO Adapter for Skywatcher Focal Reducers

If your using that SCA adaptor on the stock focuser, your still going to have some slippage due to some tolerance difference with the skywatcher stuff or if your using a moonlite you've got 3 thumbscrews to centre 2" nosepiece in, why bring more variables into the equation, just my 2p's worth...

Sara has a Moonlite if I recall correctly? I think that's she's (and I for that matter) already use the FLO adaptor which I agree is probably the better option.

Archived