NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

I wonder if the scope is included ?

spaceboy

Hi All

I am not interested in the purchase of this U.K. Astronomy Buy & Sell so did not see any point in contacting the seller but being curios I couldn't help but wonder whether it includes the scope or not ? £550 seems a little steep for a CG5-GT mount but as the picture shows a scope is it a possibility the the scope is included and would the asking price be in the right ball park for this setup?

The advertisement mentions what scope he used to have on it (presumably to help people get an idea of its load capacity) but the advert is only for the mount. Although fairly new and allegedly in perfect condition, typically you might expect to pay around 70% of the retail price, however I notice that FLO actually sells this mount for less brand new than what he is asking for including a full guarantee and good after sales service. Buyer beware comes to mind.:)

James

I bought one second hand including polar scope and two counterweights (which I think it comes with anyway) for £350.00. I'd keep looking if I was you.

This is what made me think the scope was included. Although a while ago I purchased my CG5-GT for £300 so this made me think he might have been including the C8 for £250. I was once offered a C8 XLT for £200 so it seemed plausible to offer the mount and scope for £550.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived