Adapter for my canon 350d

Geoff, i asked this question a few days back.. turns out you need two things - a T-Ring that attached to your Canon camera (in place of the lens) and a 1.25" T-Adaptor for the scope....these ones from FLO would fit the bill nicely:

FLO T-Rings - make sure you get the right fit for your camera (Canon EOS)

FLO 1.25-inch T mount camera adapter

You will also need to use a 2x barlow lens to allow the camera to reach focus.

Peter

is that a necessity for all AP'ers Peter? i thought the Barlow was dependent on the scope? Only reason i ask is that i'm looking to use a 35mm film slr on my scope - will i need to use the TAL 2X Barlow in my kit in addition?

some scopes have a little problem with the focal point beyond the sensors reach, the barlow brings the focal point closer to the cameras sensor, this way you can gain focus to the sensor. as for if your telescope may need the barlow, the only way to find out is once your all hooked up. personaly i would try with and without barlow.

Canon EOS T2 mount ring (£17 local photography store)

i went for a T2 eyepiece adapter (£20 online scopensky). it comes in two parts, the nose cone screws direct into the mount ring and allows prime focus ( uses telescope like a big long camera lens).

to use the second part you screw the nose piece on, then pop in a 25mm eyepiece and screw unit onto the camera, this lets you shoot A-focal ( the view you see in the eyepiece)

The 130 has a problem in that there is insufficient inwards focuser travel to get the sensor to the point of focus. By adding a barlow lens the point of focus is moved outwards and the camera can be focused. The bigger Skywatcher reflectors and the goto version of the 130P have a 2" focuser which has a lower profile and they don't have the problem. This

explains the problem and the solution.

Peter

Archived