Eyes on the Sky: April 23 thru April 29

The Moon bisects some open clusters in Taurus near Venus this week, and Cor Caroli is a neat double star that can help you find a Messier object nearby - even from light polluted areas. Hopefully the weather will cooperate so that everyone will have a chance to check these out. Of course, Mars and Saturn are nicely placed in the evening, so don't miss them either.

Hope you enjoy this week's episode - wishing you clear and dark skies.

Thanks for the heads up. Good video and well put together that will certainly help people get started. I quite liked the size of the guy standing on the earth during the discussion about earth shine when the important notice appeared stating, "Not to Scale" - phew I was worried for a second.:D

James

Thanks for the heads up. Good video and well put together that will certainly help people get started. I quite liked the size of the guy standing on the earth during the discussion about earth shine when the important notice appeared stating, "Not to Scale" - phew I was worried for a second.:D

James

Well, the notice was actually to point out the sizes of the Earth / Moon / distance relationship, but that's because I put all those in first, and added the "small version of me next to a scope" afterwards. Now that I think about it, I can see why that would be construed to mean me and the scope!

Then again, some people out there NEED to be told these things.... :)

Magic, I hadn't realised this was your own production! I was being a little bit tongue in cheek with my response above. I shall congratulate you instead and will be taking a look at some of the others now!

Clear skies

James

Magic, I hadn't realised this was your own production! I was being a little bit tongue in cheek with my response above. I shall congratulate you instead and will be taking a look at some of the others now!

Clear skies

James

James, I knew it was tongue-in-cheek - and that's okay. No offense taken! :D

Yes, I self-produce these, and thanks for the congratulations. They are a lot of work every week, but I hope people will share then on social networking sites like Facebook and such to help educate more people about light pollution issues.

I didn't realise that was you.Fantastic.:D

In that case thanks for your other videos. I found your polar alignment one was a great help for beginners like myself. The guide to finding m101 was great too. I've made some notes so I can try hopping to it on the next clear night.

Archived