Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Perfect Case for skywatcher 200 PDS

quiggles

Just thought I'd let you guys know that I've found the perfect case for the Skywatcher 200 PDS.

It's the Heavy Duty Plastic Road Trunk Flight Case

Retails for £100, but I got a used one, (but was still perfect condition), for £70.

The OTA fits in perfectly with tube rings and dovetail, and no eyepieces attached.

I used the bubble wrap that the case was wrapped in when delivered to pad the OTA, although I may check later to see if the spongey bits that cocooned the 200 when delivered can be trimmed down instead.

Hope this helps someone.

• 1 month later...

I bought that case for my 200PDS on the strength of your advice and unfortunately it doesn't fit. There is no way the focuser will fit in either sideways or upwards. I'd love to see how you manage to put yours inside if you have any pictures. My scope is about 340mm across it's widest point where the focuser is, and the box is only 270mm front to back minimum.

They have agreed to accept it back as a return as it isn't the same size as is specified on their web site. I am rather dissapointed.

• 1 year later...

Archived