venus at 7:30 pm

well its bright tonight ! been out there since 7:30 pm with my new 10x50 bins...

so here is the million dollar question - how on earth to hold them still (completely still so i can actually get a look at it for a second without being a wobbly mess haha)

I'm thinking tripod but surely you still have to go right up to them and therefore they still wobble

can anyone advise me at all please ?

What do you mean when you say 'go right up to them and therefore still wobble'

I'm assuming that you just move the tripod to where you want the binos to be looking and then just look into the eyepieces, there shouldn't be any wobble except for when you move the bino to where you want them

If you have yard broom turn it upside down, put a cloth over the brush head, then rest your bins on that while you hold them, you will be surprised how it takes the jelly wobbles out, but do make sure your broom shaft is in good order, as my friend used that method until the shaft broke one night and he took a header into the lawn lol, but he didn`t think it was funny :D

exactly richard - sorry horrendous grammar haha - i have been massively excited this evening and had to run in quickly to ask...

glow jet that worked brilliantly... but i think i found my new way... a reclining garden chair and if i breathe out all but a tiny bit of breath and hold my breath and have my arms resting on my torse with hands copped and the bins resting almost in my eye sockets.

can't believe i actually got a still 10 seconds of venus and mars - venus really wowed me ! clouds just came in as i was looking for orion... hopefully they'll clear shortly

thankyou for the advice guys

Archived