Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hi need help on my eq5 mount please

Hi all i just bought a eq5 equatorial synscan mount and a skywatcher st102 scope, this is my first synscan and i have it all built up, powe to it, the lights on the controller all light up, i enter figures,date,time etc then go to alignment 3 star setup, but my problem is the scope dont move, after a few seconds i quickly switched it of because i was worried i set something up wrong.i got the scope balances right then tightend the keys gently do they have to be loose? im not to worried about polar alignment becasue im in the process of making a pier i just wanted to see if it would move.im a novice and any help would be gratefully appreciated.i plan on operating the scope from my pc i bought a eq mod interface.but thought i give the remote that came with it a go. am i doing something wrong or is the controlle struggling find a gps signal or something?

Make sure that the clutches on the mount are tightened, if they are loose the mount will not move. You can check to see if the handset and mount are working correctly by skipping the alignment procedure when the handset asks and then press button 2 to change the slew rate and then button 9 to increase the slew rate to max and the use the direction keys the slew to mount.

Peter

Hi peter my faullt i had the in and out leads wrong way round, thats what i get when im to excited to read the manuals and just ahead of myself. i managed to get the scope moving, ive alot to learn i do some reading before i ask a daft question again :-)

Archived