Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SW Heritage 130P and ambient light

Whilst awaiting delivery of my SW Heritage 130P, I started to wonder how the images shown in this scope (and other types like it) are affected by ambient light due to the secondary mirror being so exposed.

I expect it wouldn't be a problem at a really dark site, but would this be a nuisance when I'm in the garden, which although dark-ish, is still susceptible to light pollution from the neighbouring properties.

I suppose I could always ask the neighbours to fit red bulbs, but really don't want to go down that route just yet!

flock it- i have it permanently set up like this (after my photo)- i have black card fitted all the way round the tube- it also stops the chance of you dropping an ep onto the primary

i also have a camping mat around the main tube to stop dew- it may look daft (i think it looks awesome) but it works

rich

Archived