Dual Axis Drive Problems

Hi all,

I caried out an EQmod to my eq3-2 dual axi drives last week, It has worked fine until tonight, however now it doesnt want to play, The RA motor seems to be running faster than tracking rate ans the Dec motor doesnt turn at all, The motors are fine if I swap over the connector for the motors then the dec motor will turn.

I have checked and rechecked wiring and it is as the instructions say but it just doesnt want to play.

any help greatfully recieved.

Kev.

No problem :D , might be worth having another close look at all the solder joints too; just in case one or two are a little grey, possibly causing a bad connection as that'll give the same symptoms.

Other than that i don't know i'm afraid, hope you get it sorted though.

So I came home and cleaned the circuit boards with electrical contactor cleaner,

It hasnt made any Difference, Im wondering wether the hand controller has faulted and if I caused it or it is just coincidence, does anyone know what voltages should be coming from the controller to the motors.

Kev.

So I came home and cleaned the circuit boards with electrical contactor cleaner,

It hasnt made any Difference, Im wondering wether the hand controller has faulted and if I caused it or it is just coincidence, does anyone know what voltages should be coming from the controller to the motors.

Kev.

EQMod ? This is a small device that simulates the Synscan handset and allows a Synta goto mount to be controlled from a computer. What is the mod you have done to your dual axis motors ? The DA motors are 6 volt.

Peter

I have fitted the GPKIT and a GPUSB from shoestring astronomy.

You say the DA motors are 6V but I probably asked the wrong question what I should have said is what voltage goes to the motors in tracking rate and what colour wires the voltage is on ? so that I can check.

Just to add like i said it has worked ok for a week (on test in the house too cloudy for real use) and using the Check program all motors were working as they should.

thanks,

Kev.

Archived