modded cannon 1100d imaging issues

hi

I have just modded my new 1100d by removing the colour filter to get more red response. I left the IR/UV filter inplace.

Last night I tried the new camera with a baader LP filter on m101 and took a stack of 2 min subs

the result was very red and initially when processing, the image was black & white. It's 2 hours in light polluted skies with some bias & flats

I worked out that I had to use the De-mosiac command in nebulosity to get colour on raw CR2 files (with my Nikon, I didn't have to do this step)

I have had a hard time getting any decent colour into the images, any help or direction in what I am doing wrong would be most appreciated, as I have hit a bit of a wall with this

below is a jpeg example of the colour (lines are due to un-registered version of nebulosity)

m101%2520test.jpg

I think you taken the wrong filter out should have been the ir one I think not the colour one

definately took out the right one as per G Honis's site. The blue filter. I actually have removed both now as it's full spectrum. With a IR/UV baader filter on the front of the camera.

managed to get the colous better with a bit of prcessing. Just ned darks

m101%2520jpg.jpg

I have the same issue with my modded canon 350d the colour in the stars is washed out by the red channel a bit but you can correct this in Photoshop with the histogram and curves. But since I modded it the stars have not been as colorful I don't know why but they just don't seem as colorful as they were before I modded it.

yes there must be lots of modded camera users out there who have this issue. I have been able to find a dedicated 'how to' especially for modded users on how to colour correct. DSS seems to do a good job, but I am trying to get to grips with Nebulosity at the moment first.

imaging m100 as I type first time since full spectrum mod. So I will report back with my progress or lack thereof:)

many thanks guys. My current standard exposure time is about 2 mins/sub I was using this with the Nikon before I got the Canon and it was ok. The Nikon was unmodded though.

I read that using the custom white balance that it's easier to pre-process the images. I tried this with some daytime shots and the results were ok, although as my camera is now full spectrum, the IR was blooming the images (nice effect) I use a baader IR/UV filter for astro though

I think this only works for Jpegs though not RAW, so not much use.

My CCD sensor needs a good clean as there is a few light coloured dust binnies now on the sensor, so some pec pads on the way

Archived