Some help needed..

It Seems a Bargain although all the extras are what comes with scope when purchased new

Also check what drives? his ad says drives and eq2 package normaly only has RA drive

other than that it`s £100 off new price so it all depends on condition of scope

Hope this helps

mike

Mike et al.,

Thanks for your responses

I have a meade etx 90PE that serves me well for lunar and planetary(well, have seen only Jup ), but does me little good for anything else.

It was the extras that i was after primarily because a new would cost me a li'l bit more plus, I am hoping to do some deep sky stuff with my digi SLR(S2 Pro). How good is the eq 2 mount for this? Any sugestions?

Cheers,

Prasad

The EQ2 will be fine as a camera platform for the DSLR with a wide angle lens (28-50mm equiv). You should get some nice milkyway or widefield constellation images. But I doubt the EQ2 would be upto much in the way off prime focus imaging, even with a short focus 80mm refractor.

Really an EQ3 is the entry point for a mount if you plan on any 'through the telescope' imaging. But EQ3's are pretty cheap, just sold mine with drive for £60.

That's still a bargain price for the 130 though. Be great as a second scope or kids setup.

Archived