Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

2" Diagonal won't fit

Morning everyone on this nice fine (cloudy) bank holiday :o

Finally setup my C8 yesterday while fitting the bathroom out, had a 2-3 hour break in the clouds over Hastings last night but the moon was washing out my views i think.

I only did a quick setup this time just to get a peek.

I pointed the mount with the two knurled knobs to approx North (as polaris was behind a house) selected Capella using the one star alignment option & it slewed to the correct area, looked in the finderscope first & did an adjust then to the 15 WA EP to centre the star, which was just off centre to my amazment, so far so good.

We could see mars as a small orange glow just coming around my house from the front of the house along with the moon, took a look through the C8 & the view was still pretty good, we could make out some dark patches albeit a bit fuzzy.

Thought i would try out my new 2" TS Dielectric Diagnol & my new 38 WA & lo & behold it would not fit :), turns out i have the push fit version & now i understand i need a threaded version or this https://www.teleskop-express.de/shop/product_info.php/language/en/info/p240_Adapter-vom-SC-Gewinde-auf-2--Steckdurchmesser.html lol i could have cried.

Thought i did my homework & even sent a jpeg of the gear i was ordering before i bought it, i have just checked my email though & the supplier has apologised that it went unoticed & the above has been recommended.

This will do the job i guess ? is there any other handy accessories i couldn't be without ?

I have to say overall i was like a 10 year old again with a new 'toy' felt very spoilt just having to select an object & press enter & a little lazy tbh, i will still find / track manually though, the scope is portable enough to lift outside complete (without power cable plugged in in case it snagged), footprint is smaller than i thought & mount is super sturdy.

I know ive gone on a bit about a small over look by myself i guess by also wanted to say how impressed i am so far with this scope & thanks again for the advice i have read here over the last couple of months regarding what to buy, i will keep looking / learning.

Oh btw i am going to build the worlds biggest Dyson & suck all the clouds in :)

Hi,

To be fair i emailed them last night & i had a reply this morning apologising about it, partly my fault i guess as well, they offered me an adapter for about £26 - 10% with no shipping costs but i found one cheaper on fleabay which will do the job.

One point i want to make is the reason i selected that particular Diagnol was because it is 99% reflectivity Dielectric the specific SCT one was 91% not sure how much difference this will make but wanted the best for my budget so im not too bothered about the extra £17 for the adapter to be fair.

Archived