NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

My 350D is short sighted

ordered from scopenskys, a 1.25 eyepiece/prime focus T2 adapter.

lovely piece of kit shove in my 10mm eyepiece fit my EOS AF T2 ring.

first i try with a short tube 76mm (3") @ 300mm focal skywatcher. what ever i do i am shortsighted with not enough in travel. eyepiece holder removed and no joy or focus,

its then i pop in a 2x barlow. the camera is even worse.

ok maybe 10mm is a little to much so i replace with a 25mm. it is still shortsighted. i remove eyepiece holder, remove the T2 mount adapter and screw in just the T2 Nose cone and bingo,

Well nearly i just just about have focus but this is fully inward i need a little extra to gain full pop to focus..

1: why is the 2x barlow not shifting the focal point outwards.

2: barlow and adpater with 25mm or 10 mm not reaching focal point why ?

3: how can i gain extra in focus, adding a 3x barlow makes things just worse, adding a 2x barlow still worse, and no barlow my scope still acts like Mr Magoo

i dare not try in the 114mm @ 1000mm focal. i know it will be short sighted the same as my other skywatcher.

so what can i do. i have this adapter but it does not give me any focal range at all, but just makes my camera/telescope setup very short sighted.

solar setup with film filter. sun is out'ish but all i get is defraction rings and not enough infocus travel.

All these combinations lead to one basic issue....you're not getting the lenses/ camera close enough into the light beam to focus.

Sounds like a low profile focuser and/or moving the main mirror up the tube are needed.

i have focus,

But on a different scope. i used a 25mm eyepiece in the eyepiece projection mode and it worked. 144mm skywatcher catadioptric @1000mm.

my scope has an extra lens in the focuser tube, this let me gain focus around 1/4 out focusing.

i think the heritage 76 is a lost cause. better used as a solar viewing scope, and leave the 114 in charge of imaging, untill i can find a nice OTA tube with a low profile crayford.

moving the lens in a heritage 76 means cutting the main tube down and re-seating the mirror cell ( cell glued to mirror and becomes endcap of tube).

a possible mod but needs good tools and workshop. think it would ruin a nice little solar scope than a heavy duty mod upgrade.

Archived