Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Mi first mosaic

pixueto

Well, it certainly kept me busy today:). Found it easier than I thought but a bit tedious. I still need to fix a couple of panels but I'm quite pleased with the result so far -not sure about colour and saturation, though.

The images were taken through a SW200P and a Philips SPC 880 webcam. Each one a minute at 30fps, then stacking in registax and stiched together with Photoshop. Resized to 50%.

I am attaching a DSLR picture taken the very same night for comparison.

Any comments welcomed.

Regards

post-30999-133877759748_thumb.jpg

post-30999-133877759758_thumb.jpg

Thanks Fay. It might not be perfect but, to be honest, this being my first mosaic I didn't expect much so I'm quite pleased.

I very much like yours too. I tried to get something similar to the colours you got in yours but I had too many frames burnt out. Do you use any filters when imaging the Moon?

It certainly takes time to complete a mosaic. Do you imagine doing it from frames taken with a 2X or 3X barlow? That would be a project to keep you busy for the whole week!

regards

Archived