SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

William Optics 90mm CNC rings for Lunt LS60?

jonathan

I am thinking about these as I need something to go with the Omni CG-4 I'm considering purchasing.

Not sure what dovetail I will need to go with these rings and the CG-4, suggestions please? It should also be suitable for an 80 or 100 refractor, possibly the Equinox Pro, assuming the ring spacing for the LS60 would also be good for use with the Equinox Pro.

Could I fit the Solar Finder to these rings? Without the clamshell on the LS60 there is no mounting point for it. If it's possible to have the clamshell AND the rings fitted, then I would do that and mount the Solar Finder to the clamshell.

As Olly asks, why buy new rings? The clamshell has two screwholes at the bottom to fix a dovetail to. You can buy a small (Vixen style) dovetail already drilled to fit these holes (I did) if you dont want to drill your own.

Andrew

As Olly asks, why buy new rings? The clamshell has two screwholes at the bottom to fix a dovetail to. You can buy a small (Vixen style) dovetail already drilled to fit these holes (I did) if you dont want to drill your own.

Andrew

Sounds great, where can I get one of those and what would it be called?

Who did you get your Lunt from? If they stock your scope they should have the dovetails. Otherwise, I got mine from the Widescreen Centre - they should be able to help you out.

If you want to drill your own then I guess all the astro retailers should have (vixen) dovetails.

Andrew

• 1 month later...

I wanted to wait until I had a CG-4 in my hands so that I understood more about what was required. I took delivery of a CG-4 a few days ago and have ordered a suitable dovetail with advice from the same place I bought the Lunt LS60, 180mm Altair TMS Losmandy-compatible.

Thank you for all of your advice!

Archived