Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

IC Capture Tutorial?

Gullsrock

Received my IS DMK21AU618 today - look at the weather!

As I have not used any form of imaging software before and with the absence of any supplied instructions I'm having trouble working out what to do with the supplied IC Capture software

Please can some one suggest a tutorial link - I've had a quick look on youtube with no luck

thanks

• 1 year later...

To be brutally honest: ditch IC Capture and get Firecapture. It is free and usable without manual. With IC Capture it quite a while for me to find out how to start a capture (through "Pause"). Firecapture allows storing exposure settings per planet, per filter. Default file and diretory naming conventions make sense, operation is completely intuitive. Brilliant.

Hi guys

Can I suggest another excellent package for cams like the DMK`s its `Astrovideo` from the guy at COAA, it converts video`s to fits and all sorts of stuff. When I last used my DMK21 Astrovideo was about £25 if memory serves?? free evaluation period though to see if it suits. Highly recommended

Steve

Archived