Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Using spacers with the webcam?

pixueto

Dear all,

I am hoping that some of the imaging wizzards in the forum will be able to help me with this: I am using a Philips SPC 880 with and without a barlow and a SW200P. I have some spacers that I got for spectroscopy. Could I use them for imaging the Moon with the webcam? What would be the effect of getting the CCD chip further away from the barlow? Is anyone already doing this?

Thanks for your countinuous support

Regards

Yes using an extension tube will increase the image size, the benifit over barlowing is that you dont have another light robbing lense in the way, i regularly use a barlow with the lense removed as an extension tube.This question is better asked in the imaging help section were you will get more detail answers to your questions.

Hope this helps

Regards

Ben

Thank you! I did think about posting it in the the other forum but it seems to be dominated by DSO imagers. Sorry!

As well as the 2X ultima barlow, I have the original 2X barlow that came with the 200P SW Explorer. I never use it as the quality is really bad. Is there a way of removing the lense without damaging it? What kind of magnification do you reckon I could get if I use a barlow without lense in this way?

Something that I find a bit baffling is this issue about the light being taken by a normal barlow. I understand the constraints for very faint DSO's but the Moon being so bright, is this really a problem? There are wonderful images in threads with people using eyepiece projection.

Finally, thanks again for your help and your time helping me out with this. I really appreciate it.

Regards

Archived