Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

200p Dob - extra pimp out required - levelling

stevetynant

right, so far I've added a setting circle and Wixey and on the weekend I've got a lazy Susan to fit to the base plate and besides flocking I think I'm nearly done- but one thing I want to try and improve is a way of making sure the base of the Dob is perfectly level when I set it up.

The setting circle and Wixey work well but I'm wondering if this could be improved by making the base perfectly level when I set up - I've ordered an orbital spirit level which should measure whether it is actually sitting flat on the surface but if its not - other than putting various thicknesses of wood or the likes underneath the ground plate of the Dob I haven't come up with a work around so I wondered if anyone has come up with an easier or workable solution.

Appreciate anyone's suggestions (or whether for a few degrees out it is actually worth it at all to be honest)

cheers folks

Steve

Archived