Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hi guys i have new ISSUE PROBLEM!

rhonskie

ok then i think this is great!... i called the store where i bought my celestron 50az and i asked about the mounting camera for my telescope. because he said "MAYBE" it won't fit in my telescope since its small.. is there any way i can take a picture of the moon and planets using my celestron 50az? please!

If yes please tell me what i'm supposed to do!

That scope is a very small refractor.

It is a little too small for taking photos of anything other than the moon which will come out just fine. Planets will be a small disc with little or no detail but you never know, it is worth a shot. upgrading your scope may be your best option though. If you like refractors then you really would want a 80mm or above.

ok now i am getting confuse now...from my celestron 50az...i can modify the lenses? how do i upgrade it? please tell me what to do to my 50az to make a better picture of the moon and the planets

Your scope comes with 20mm, 14mm and 4mm eyepieces and a 3x Barlow Lens apparantly. Instead of putting one of these in the end of your telescope you can put a webcam with adapter in it. There are some xbox livecam mods on here -

http://stargazerslounge.com/diy-astronomer/170747-xbox-livecam-mod-cliff.html

The xbox livecam doesn't produce great images but they are cheap and you may only get decent views of the moon with your scope, so it's not worth spending loads.

When I said you should upgrade - I meant buy a bigger and better scope.

anything with a 4" mirror/lense and bigger will let you see nearly everything the sky has to offer.

The bigger the mirror/lense, the bigger you will see them.

hey pel, thanks for that...i will try to buy xbox livecam mod... i will search here in dubai. and make it as same as the picture.

hey bro kenmyers, i cannot afford to buy those big telescope but i want to have them. :D i just bought small telescope since i don't want that telescope but since that i cannot wait to see the beautiful planet i bought it right away. :icon_salut: i wish i could buy a telescope like yours if you have big telescope.

You can get a small but perfect scope for under £150. It is called the SKYWATCHER HERITAGE TELESCOPE.

It is bigger than mine and really cheap and awesome quality. You will see everything with this scope that we all can see with much bigger scopes :icon_salut:

SiriusB is saying your scope uses a focuser that is meant for .956 size eye pieces. Those eye pieces are getting hard to find but...if you get a step up adapter, you can use 1.25" eye pieces in your scope. (Much more common)

Archived