Did I buy the right scope.....?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats on your scope, love my 150 and bet you will too! First time I looked at Jupiter I nearly messed my pants ;0)

I recently got the RA/DEC drives, best £90 spent! No more twiddling nobs, just point and enjoy ......

Welcome to the club

Congrats on your scope, love my 150 and bet you will too! First time I looked at Jupiter I nearly messed my pants ;0)

Can I ask what EP setup you used and do use for planetary veiwing? Gives me an idea for future upgrades

Can I ask what EP setup you used and do use for planetary veiwing? Gives me an idea for future upgrades

I bought a 5mm BST explorer, £40 on eBay. A big improvement over the stock 10mm and Barlow combo.

I bought a 5mm BST explorer, £40 on eBay. A big improvement over the stock 10mm and Barlow combo.

me too,and you can also squeeze the 5mm into the barlow... this pushes past the practcal magnification of my scope though i think so i rarely do it unless i want to get a super up close of Jupiter or possibly now Saturn too.

me too,and you can also squeeze the 5mm into the barlow... this pushes past the practcal magnification of my scope though i think so i rarely do it unless i want to get a super up close of Jupiter or possibly now Saturn too.

Tried that, makes viewing a bit fuzzy for me. As you said might be pushing the mag to far for the scope.

Do look at the other end though, I got a celestron 32mm and use this tons more. Pleiades and the beehive are outstanding in wide view, would love a 40mm but just bought a 3x Meade ED Barlow so have to keep the wife sweet ;0)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the advice on this original thread guys.....Ive just answered my own question with a blockbuster view of Saturn! I did buy myself a 6.3mm plossl EP and did'nt that do the trick!

I guess now if anyone is thinking of one of these scopes, I can safely say DO IT!

CHEERS :)

Archived