Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M83 - Southern Pinwheel Galaxy

Woody

Hello everyone

This image consists of 10x240 secs, 10x300secs and 10x240 darks

m83v1.jpg

It needed some flats!:icon_salut:

Your advice and recommendations are much appreciated.

Thanks

Jeremy

Very nice woody I have never seen this one before you have a lot of good detail in there a bit of work on the processing to remove those dust bunnys would help a great deal to tidy it up. What are you processing your images with?

Very nice woody I have never seen this one before you have a lot of good detail in there a bit of work on the processing to remove those dust bunnys would help a great deal to tidy it up. What are you processing your images with?

Hello mate

Flats are next on the list to get to grips with!

Processed in DSS and then CS5. I am not very good with Photoshop and need a lot more practice. I will have a go at a re-process and see what comes up.

Thanks

Jeremy

Take a look at my series of tutorials on my utube channel they should get you up to speed on photoshop I spent a year or more learning loads of methods and decided to put what I have learned so far on to set of video tutorials and this one on cleaning up backgrounds is pretty cool.

Using the historgram levels and curves - YouTube

http://bf-astro.com/backgndRepair.htm

Archived