Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

QHY8L Darks help needed

ncjunk

Can anyone with a qhy8l send me a Dark FIT to compare with mine? I can´t seem to get the things working. On my Art285 I take the darks and subtract them from the image and the final image is cleaner.

On the QHY8L the Darks seem noisier and I seem to have loads of little black spots all over the place after stacking, as in it´s removing noise that isn´t really in the subs which are being stacked causing black streaks and lots of them. If I just do flats on the stacking then it comes out ok but with lots of blue spots.

I´m a bit lost with this....I find the ART285 easier!

Heres a stretched dark showing the max values and average:-

post-14473-133877757839_thumb.jpg

Thanks Daniel I read the thread and used it for setting the Gain and Offset but the FITs files are no longer available on dropbox so I can´t check them.

I was interested as I can´t seem to get the darks working properly and they seem a little noisey.

Well the 285 based cams are a lot better, thats why.

Anyway good luck :D

Thanks Shaunster :thumbup:

I have the qhy8l specifically to take widefield shots using the ed80 whilst the c11 has the art285 attached for in close narrowband and rgb imaging.

Sensitivity is fine on the qhy but the 285 is such a perfect chip.

I'll have a go at setting up the qhy again using the pdf fron the other thread. I prefer cameras with gain and offset preconfigured as i'm useless at setting things up properly :icon_salut: too lazy.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9003 usando Tapatalk

Archived