Skywatcher Skymax or Celestron SLT ?

Ive been looking for a while at getting a Skywatcher Skymax 127 on an AZ goto mount as my first scope but due to the national stock shortage of them, I am wondering if would be worth my while going for the Celestron SLT 127 as I believe its is basically the same scope ?

What if any are the differences ?

If I was to buy another scope could it be used on the Celestron AZ goto mount ?

Thanks in advance for the advice

Monkey

Cannot comment really on the Skywatcher, but I own a 127 SLT and find it an excellent scope. If you look into it as well most people think that the Celestron is marginally better (although they are effectively the same). Some of the accessories on the 127 SLT are better but ultimately I think there is only a hairs bredth between them.

Yes it has a rdf, but it is rubbish. I just replaced it with a Baader Skysurfer and it ie 100% better. I do prefer the rdf's personally, but that is just me. other people may prefer a telescopic viewfinder.

I got the sw127 and love it. Also got rdf and find an absolute charm to use. have had finderscopes on other scopes in the past but far prefer the simplicity of the rdf. I wouldnt go buying anything a replacement until you have at least tried it a few times.

Archived