Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

CPC HD price

Folks, I realise this is set by Celestron and/or importer but does anyone know why the CPC Edge HD models are so stratospherically priced here?

USA

CPC 1100 $2999

CPC Deluxe HD 1100 $3799

UK

CPC 1100 £2445

CPC Deluxe HD 1100 £4999

Assuming that USA prices don't include tax, whereas UK prices do, the standard 1100 looks fairly priced in the UK. Going from standard to Edge HD increases the price in the USA by roughly 30%. Not so here.... 100%. :)

Any thoughts/insights/rants welcome ;)

Respectfully Dunkster, I think you know the answer...

"Rip off Britain"

Insane what we are charged. I work for an American multinational and we get visitors from all over the world. They are amazed at the cost of things here.

Rant over. Don't want to start a politics discussion or the thread will be taken down.

LOL naively, I hadn't thought of the political side and had already (mentally at least) ignored the tax.

I was thinking along the lines of supply and demand... but surely there'll be little to no demand for a £5k alt az goto :icon_salut:

Over the pond it seems to be offered as an upgraded or slightly more premium model. Here more like a white elephant :D

Archived