Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Making a mosaic of pics in PS

Not astro related, sorry.

But I'm wondering if any of you can help me, I'd like to make a sort of time line mosaic of images in PS. I'd like to line up probably half a dozen or so images left top right.

Anyone know how to do this? Thanks

ps I know it's a Saturday so I'm not hurry to get answers from you.

The way I did my 1st moon mosaic was to create a new image large enough to fit all the other images in, lets call it background. Then open the 1st of the images you want to mosaic and draw a marquee around the bulk of the frame. Select copy and then go back to the background and select layer > new layer and then paste. The first section should then appear as layer1. I then clicked on the layer properties and reduced the transparency to around 60%. Repeat this with the second section, so now you'll have background, later1 and layer2. With both layers at 60% you can use the mouse to drag layer2 until it lines up with detail in layer 1. Once aligned, click on layer 1 and set the transparency back to 100%. Repeat this procedure for each section. Finally once complete select Layer > flatten down to make a single image with no layers, and then save as PNG or JPG etc

Archived