Any decent scopes for <£155?

Spoon

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keep your eye out on the secondhand market - Astro buy and Sell, Ebay, Gumtree etc...

I picked up my Skywatcher 200P Dob for £150 second hand...not perfect cosmetically, but brilliant optically and giving me loads of enjoyment for the money...

Of course my problem was - as soon as i got it I wanted to invest in a Telrad, eyepieces, filters etc etc...so it never stops at £150 <LOL>

i use ebay quite literally every day. looked on gumtree, pretty good money but have to collect most of the scopes from places about 2-3 hrs away. cant be bothered. i will look on astro buy and sell ;)

Hi and welcome to SGL.

I'm new to this myself but can report that the Skywatcher 130 is pleasing me very much and has shown me a little detail on Jupiter as well as Saturn with rings and great views of the moon.

The only reason I mentioned it was I noticed your budget and if you get the one with no motor on the mount it's well under. First light optics are about the cheapest I found, they have it for £135. It's on an Equatorial mount which I can report is a little on the flimsy side but works fairly well. I don't have other mounts to compare it to but it seems fine.

First Light Optics - Skywatcher Explorer 130

Cheers

Chris

Archived