Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Lensless Schmidt Mk2

nytecam

I was disappointed at the last two astro meets at Ranmore Common that I attended that M95 + its new SN could not be found:mad:

Last night I resurrected my Meade DS-2114s [cap removed!] on the patio to see if I could record SN2012aw in M95 immediately below Mars. I got M96 by mistake as my pointing was off frown.gif but did get Mars' field as below recording mag 14.3 in 10s exp with some vertical trailing from the alt-az drive. Used SX Lodestar-M in 'fast' 2x2 binned mode grin.gif

However I didn't use any aperture mask at [spherical] primary's radius as before and star images were tollerable which was a surprise and I need to check further - suspect vignetting within focuser or secondary has some part to play in minimising SA wink.gif

Any ideas from ATMers?

post-33671-133877755435_thumb.jpg

Talking to yourself again Nytecam ? Yes- I think so - don't think LSC tickle any ATM tastebuds hereabout:p

Anyway got set-up to capture SN2012aw under hazy backyard conditions last night so I'm very happy [below] - scope without aperture stop renamed vignetted Newt astrograph with spherical primary and might use to show club member at Ranmore that which can't be located or seen even with large scopes - over and out:hello2:

post-33671-133877756027_thumb.jpg

Talking to yourself again Nytecam ? Yes- I think so - don't think LSC tickle any ATM tastebuds hereabout:p

Anyway got set-up to capture SN2012aw under hazy backyard conditions last night so I'm very happy [below]. My estimate against field stars = mag13.2 for SN. So scope minus aperture stop renamed vidnetted Newt astrograph with spherical primary and over and out:hello2:

Anyway got set-up to capture SN2012aw under hazy backyard conditions last night so I'm very happy [below] SN mag= ~13.2 - scope without aperture stop renamed vidnetted Newt astrograph with spherical primary and over and out:hello2:

Archived