NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Light Polution

JohnC64

Hi there,

Since moving to a modded canon, I have been able to extend my sub time out to around the 5 - 10 minute mark. What I am noticing now is that all my images have a red cast to them. Not sure if this is because the camera is modded and now more sensitive to red or if its sodium street light polution. I live in a small village and the nearest street light is a good 100 yards away though.

I am able to use the Offset Color Background tool in Nebulosity and it cleans the red away but didn't want to invest in a LP filter if what I am seeing is normal for a modded camera.

Below is a single sub 240Seconds with a modded 1100D

Would appriciate any thoughts on this.

Cheers John

post-24829-133877755063_thumb.jpg

looks just like the subs from my modded canon 1000d, this is normal and nothing to worry about. the mod involves the removal of an internal filter that sits in front of the camera's sensor, allowing better response to the infra red light wave lengths.

Archived