Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

DIY stepper control SOS

beamish

....Are you knowledgeable about PIC controllers , stepper motors etc ? Are you comfortable around PCB's?

Do you want to earn some cash ???

Then pm me cos I have an Atik EFW with an Anaheim Automation

TMS25-075-15-12V-024A-LW6 STEPPER MOTOR

that is need of a push button controller. My Atik control box has failed ( again) and rather than trash a nice motor and FW casing (or even butcher it into a manual casing), given the cost of a new EFW I thought I'd put it out to tender :( you might even be able to fix the current PCB ????

I can provide pics of current PCB plus a list of parts and am willing to post all bits off, not looking for guarantees, cos lets face it you can't do worse than Atik !

This is a serious offer !

If you feel you can return a simple sequential push button control box GET IN TOUCH please!

I'm sure it can't be too difficult as I know there are a good few of you out there who have built far more impressive items and you can earn a fair number of big beer tokens and my eternal gratitude to boot !:(

Here is a web pic of the EFW and box

6-pin DIN plug from cable now gone but wiring pin-outs available

Many thanks for looking,

Karlo

post-13438-133877755018_thumb.jpg

You can build your own...

I'm guessing it's just driving the stepper motor a set number of steps between filter positions.

Have a look on the t'interweb for "arduino".

I'm an electronics numpty and have shocked myself at what you can do with one of these and a bit of a head wind.

Ok extremely quick and very, very dirty (an electronics engineer may just burst into tears when they see this it's that bad ....) but something like this might work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=het492-qc2A

the code running this basically just "steps" forwards a set amout everytime the reset button is pressed

#include <AFMotor.h>

AF_Stepper motor(200, 1);

void setup() {

motor.setSpeed(10); // 10 rpm

motor.step(50, FORWARD, SINGLE);

}

void loop() {

}

If you just want the manual control i can send you mine. It's sat in a box doing nothing as i bought the pc interface.

If you wanted pc control we could sort out a small arduino and driver board.

I think the filter wheel has reed switches on it for position detection....not sure...must have a look at mine.

Or just a driver board and a few switches.

How are you with a soldering iron?

Enviado desde mi GT-I9003 usando Tapatalk

Just to let you know that ( as a cheap DIY project ) I am currently working on a simple stepper motor controller based around an ATmega8A. It controls two motors, one for RA and the other for a focuser (although this could be used to handle declination ). It features a red 16 x 2 line LCD and three momentary push buttons as the user interface, and provides Sidereal, Lunar and Solar tracking modes. The RA operation can be set for North or South and the tracking can be adjusted by small percentages if required. The code is written such that as long as the gear ratios of the RA are known it should work with any given EQ mount.

Is this the sort of thing you are interested in ( I'm afraid I am not familiar with ATIK equipment )? As this is a very flexible device I'm sure the code could easily be re-written to provide the functionality you require, after all it just has to control a stepper motor the way you want it to :icon_salut:. This design can be used to control just one motor quite easily.

I'm not looking for any money, but would be willing to help out if I can be of any assistance. If you are interested just PM me.

Many thanks for your interest.

I am fortunate that someone has responded to my advert & is currently working on the solution:)

for some strange reason I haven't had all the notifications of additional posts to this thread, so let me apologise if it seemed I was ignoring you.

Karlo

Many thanks for your interest.

I am fortunate that someone has responded to my advert & is currently working on the solution:)

for some strange reason I haven't had all the notifications of additional posts to this thread, so let me apologise if it seemed I was ignoring you.

Karlo

No problems. I hope it all works out well for you. :)

Archived