Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Can anyone help me with APT software?

Catweazel

Hi folks,

I have been trying to use APT (trial version) and not had much success.

I have managed to set up a plan, so that it appears in the 'plans' dropdown box, but don't understand how to get it to appear as a plan in the larger box underneath (hope this makes sense). I can't load a plan, in other words?

Secondly, I don't understand the focus tool, in that I cant see anything in it once the camera is set up and pointing at a bright star? What do the fields mean?

Tried to read the User Guide but it seems to assume a certain amount of knowledge?

Any help much appreciated :blob10:

Thanks. CW

Once you have selected a plan from the drop-down, the contents (i.e. the individual plan entries) are displayed in the box below. To run the plan, just hit the Start button. Most of my plans consist of only a single line, e.g:

1 30 800 10 60 R+L

I assume you mean the Focus Aid tool? With Live View turned on, and a bright star on the screen, simply start the Focus Aid tool and move the box over the star. You will see the FHWM numbers moving quite quickly. Slowly focus the star. The aium is to get the lowest possible FHWM number possible.

Once you have selected a plan from the drop-down, the contents (i.e. the individual plan entries) are displayed in the box below. To run the plan, just hit the Start button. Most of my plans consist of only a single line, e.g:

1 30 800 10 60 R+L

OK, well that seems to be the problem, they don't appear in the box, so I guess I am doing something wrong somewhere?

I assume you mean the Focus Aid tool? With Live View turned on, and a bright star on the screen, simply start the Focus Aid tool and move the box over the star. You will see the FHWM numbers moving quite quickly. Slowly focus the star. The aium is to get the lowest possible FHWM number possible.

Ok thanks, will have another go at it :(

Hi CW,

Did you resolve the plans problem? Do you see the lines when you open the plan editor? When you create a plan you have to use "add as new" in order to create line, without it the editor creates empty plan.

The OK button auto-confirmates only the editing of existing line.

Archived