NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Skywatcher Mount

ccdscopeman

Hi all,

I have just registered as a new user, have been out of astronomy for a few years due to personal issues but I still have my astro gear including my Tak 128 ;o)

My question is I have a lovely 80mm Skywatcher Startravel scope that I was initially going to use as a guidescope for the Tak but never got round to it. I want to purchase one of the cheaper Skywatcher mounts so I can use the 80mm as a little 'grab and go' scope. Which of the EQ series would be adequate in your opinion? EQ-1, EQ-2 or EQ3-2?

I'm impressed with the optical quality of the scope and I suspect these mounts are just as good a quality, it's just that I don't know anything about them. Would appreciate your advice.

Many thanks,

Andy

Do the EQ mounts accept a standard Vixen dovetail plate?

Also, I've just dug out my Skytravel 80, it has the tube rings that seem to fit onto an oblong plate that in turn is attached to a square block with one central hole. I this a standard fitting for Skywatcher and it looks as though it will need to fit onto whatever adaptor plate that is needed (?) to fit the EQ mount head.

Can anyone help me out here please with what I need?

Thanks,

Andy

Archived