NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

whats wrong with this picture?

hi all

I was out using my Nikon D5000 DSLR and Meade 127 last night.

I took 12 x 6 minute subs and darks of m101

I used a Baader neo LP filter and a Vixen flip mirror

upon processing I noticed that there is a lot of glow in the image. Is this what is called AMP GLOW?

there are also lines across the images, what are these?

The images is also noisy. I turned off the on-camera Long exposure NR and digitial NR

Light polution was pretty bad last night as well but the glow is not across the whole image

heres an exampe of the stacked image below:

test.jpg

any help is much appreciates as I was starting to get some ddecent detail int he galaxy.

wow missed that. You did an amazing job resurrecting your nice subs there. Although not perfect, it proved that that was your problem.

I will have to try some flats, maybe using the laptop screen. Darn, I just threw out a small light box type think in work last week DOH.

The black lines may be something to do with the sensor in the camera.

I have also ordered a Canon 1100, so this may help also

well I managed to do a bit of research into darks and bias files. I managed to get this image, which is better than before. It's about 2 hours of subs, with bias and flats on an unmodded D5000. I used the cameras built in darks as without them the images were too noisy, even with taking manual darks.

Stacked in DSS

M81/82

yet%2520another.jpg

Archived