Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

mosaic of the milkyway

Hi Martin, could you by any chance pretty please pass on some tips for taking shots of the milky way, never crossed my mind to grab some distance in a picture, i always went for the one i wanted and ignored the background. thanks.

Hi mate, I am just a beginner and those milkyway images were my very first. I just wanted to test my first DSLR Canon and I thought the milkyway would be the good target. At the time I took the images I was on holiday and I did not have my scope with me. Hence I was limited by short -ish exposures of 30seconds. With 30sec exposures with my camera I did not notice trailing of stars so I kept on shoting till I got around 40mins overall exposure time (or 80x30sec). Then I created 30 darkframes of the same exposure time in the same temperature and around 30 bias frames (same ISO but shortest exposure your camera got). I stacked all images in deepskystacker and did the final modifications in photoshop. Please let me know if you have some particular question, I will do my best to help if I can :lol:

Martin :D

Archived